Day to Day Life and Dialysis

The blog of a 26 year-old dialysis and liver patient in Memphis, Tennessee giving a day to day (or week to week... or whenever she feels like telling you) recount of the ups and downs of life at the moment.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thoughts, thoughts, thoughts...

Thank goodness the Dems officially gained control of the House and the Senate... now I wonder if they have the integrity to do half of the things that have claimed to want to do, especially regarding increasing minimum wage to a standard living wage. I am a little anxious to see how the next few years will unfold. I wonder how Bush's last two years in office will unfold... will we ever have a definitive exit strategy for Iraq? I have so many questions!

Anyway... on to others news. Well... I don't really guess that I have any others news. I went to an alumni reception hosted by my college and saw some friends that I haven't seen in a while. Met a few nice people and some prospective students. Other than that not much has happened.

Why is it that people you don't really talk to... or have a relationship with for that matter, want to know certain things going on in your life? It isn't a bad thing... I guess. But if I cannot remember the last time we had an actual conversation that lasted more than two minutes, then why would you want to know anything particular about my life? I don't know... I guess that its just one of my quirks. If you want to know what's going on, then call me and ask me how things are going. I have so much to learn about people... I also have to learn the close my damn mouth... people that I least expect to read my posts have a knack for reading them and then commenting on them! Go figure (and boy have I gotten into some trouble!) But at least people know where I stand and how I feel and I am ok with that. And I do write some things that I more than likely, wouldn't say in person. So, I guess it all works itself out in one way or another.

Anyway... my bed is calling me. I have dialysis in the morning, and I already know that I will not want to get up at 3:30 in the morning. Bah humbug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home