Day to Day Life and Dialysis

The blog of a 26 year-old dialysis and liver patient in Memphis, Tennessee giving a day to day (or week to week... or whenever she feels like telling you) recount of the ups and downs of life at the moment.

Friday, October 20, 2006

H-e-l-l-o :-)

Things have been a little hectic lately. It seems that all of a sudden I have become part of a lot of projects all at once. I am preparing to take the GRE in December, completing graduate school applications, working with a renal support group, preparing for my first kidney walk, not to mention attending various seminars and meetings to better prepare me for the transplantation process. I must say that is somewhat refreshing to not be surrounded by doubt and uncertainty! My mom told me that it is better to go through this now than wake up when I am fifty and decide that the life I have lived is not the one that I actually wanted. I think I am going to become an advocate for kidney disease whether I want to or not. It seems that is the direction that I am going. Before I was diagnosed, I didn't really like talking to people, but now it's an everyday thing. Its strange how circumstances reshape and mold our personalities and goals. It just reenforces the fact that we go through everything for a reason, and that there are lessons in every aspect of our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home