Day to Day Life and Dialysis

The blog of a 26 year-old dialysis and liver patient in Memphis, Tennessee giving a day to day (or week to week... or whenever she feels like telling you) recount of the ups and downs of life at the moment.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Moving on up...

My cousin went to get tested to determine whether or not she is a match to be a donor yesterday! I am on pins and needles. We'll get the results on Monday. At this point, it doesn't matter that she is a match (it would be wonderful if she were), but I am happy that she was the first to actually go in for testing. People have been telling me for the past year that they would go in for the testing, but once the time came, they all suddenly disappeared or didn't remember saying that they would do it. She let me know that she supports me through all of this and would do anything she could to help me (or at least make me feel a little better). I don't expect her to go through with the operation if she is a match... At the same time, I know that she is not one to back out of her promises, so if she is a match, she'll do it!

I am most excited because we've taken another step forward. I may not be remotely close to actually getting a kidney, but I am happy knowing that everything is moving forward, that all of the time I have spent standing still was not in vain. It's funny how, sometimes the smallest gestures can make a world of difference.

Tia, thank you so much (I know I've said it a hundred times by now!) and I love you!

Ok, now I have to finish studying for the GRE and start doing applications! This was my break for the day! :-(

2 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Spike Zee said…

    I pray she is a match.

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger E. Brown said…

    not yet, but at least she has inspired the people who backed out on me to at least undergo the initial testing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home