Day to Day Life and Dialysis

The blog of a 26 year-old dialysis and liver patient in Memphis, Tennessee giving a day to day (or week to week... or whenever she feels like telling you) recount of the ups and downs of life at the moment.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

validation... maybe

it's five in the morning and i have just come in from a night of club hopping and partying (please excuse the grammar, or lack thereof). i am, normally, not one to partake in clubbing... not since my college days, but today was validating for me. after spending the morning down in the dumps over the dying relationship with a friend, my sister told me that raheem devaughn would be at the sisterhood showcase, and that cheered me up considerably. we went and had a pretty good time, but instead of raheem devaughn, urban mystic performed, which was just as good! i even got an autograph (my first) and flirted a little with urban mystic himself. my sister and i were invited to join he and his friend later that evening (hence the club hopping). it was exhilerating! it gave me the boost that i needed to push myself to reach the next goal in my life and to let go. as the night wore on, i met an array of people interested in me. though i may act as if i don't need anyone in my life, i have come to realize that maybe companionship and friendships are a more integral part of my being than i have wanted to acknowledge. i do not want to say it, but these past few hours have validated my worth as a woman... my worth as a friend. i am a woman, and i need men in my life. there is no escaping that. i must, in some way accept that fact and, somehow, learn to deal with it. so, i guess all of this has substantiated the fact that i must make some changes to both myself and my ways and means of interacting with the male species. at the moment, i am also a bit delirious, so i may, in fact, change my mind once the novelty of actually being wanted, accepted, and respected by men. i pray that sleep merely solidifies what i just wrote....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home