Day to Day Life and Dialysis

The blog of a 26 year-old dialysis and liver patient in Memphis, Tennessee giving a day to day (or week to week... or whenever she feels like telling you) recount of the ups and downs of life at the moment.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

I really do miss him...

Ok... so I went out with a friend after Thanksgiving and saw someone I haven't seen in almost two years. It made me want to cry. He has been with me through so much, and what he wanted I couldn't (or wouldn't give him at the time). He is the epitome of what every woman wants (or should want). He is attractive, a great listener, attentive, funny, passionate, the person you call when you're having a bad day, when someone hurts your feelings, or just when you want to lay around and eat pizza and ice cream and watch good movies. He is the person that brightens your day when he walks through your door and makes your breathe easier when you feel like you're suffocating. At the time he was what I was what I wanted from another guy... or so I thought I wanted it from that other guy. In a sense, I don't think I was willing to take the next step because I didn't want to lose him as a friend. In the end I still ended up losing him. Seeing him made me realize how much I miss him as a person, and that I must apologize to him. I miss curling up next to him and talking. I miss playing scrabble with him. I miss eating pizza from Coletta's and laughing. I miss everything that we did and shared together. It also made me wonder what would have been if I had not been so caught and blinded by the other guy. Wow... I have a lot to apologize for... If you would excuse me, I have a call to make... Somebody please pray for me!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger lysurgis23 said…

    How did you go, E L Brown? We're waiting with bated breath!!

    Sometimes you just have to take the risk. I was friends wit ha woman for 11 years before I summoned up enough courage for the next step. (And she is now my wife!)

    I know things might have gone the other way, but as things stand you've lost him anyway and heaven knows a person needs friends when stuck on dialysis.

    He sounds like a nice bloke as a friend - so I hope the call worked out on that basis.

    Cheers!

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger E. Brown said…

    It was great. I realized how much I missed talking to him. It was like we never stopped talking. he didn't treat me any different because I was a dialysis patient. He has a few questions and he has the guts to ask! He makes me feel like I am the same person, which I am. I just feel like I have to fight with some people to get them to understand that! I am happy that I called!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home