Day to Day Life and Dialysis

The blog of a 26 year-old dialysis and liver patient in Memphis, Tennessee giving a day to day (or week to week... or whenever she feels like telling you) recount of the ups and downs of life at the moment.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Major Reality Check!

I just had a major reality check! A young man called my sister and informed her that he has a history of bi-polar disorder and turretts (I know I spelled that incorrectly) syndrome and that he was holding a gun to his head and was prepared to kill himself. She has no idea who he was but she kept him on the phone for about 45 minutes getting bits and pieces of information so that we could call the police. And then she stayed on the phone with him until the police got there. She was shaking through the entire process, but she did a wonderful job in keeping him preoccupied. Apparently he has not taken his medication, and maybe something happened that made him think that there really is nothing in this world worth living for. I must admit that there have been days like that... (though my plan didn't involve calling someone out of the blue). It just made me realize that no matter what I am going through there is always an outlet... even if you don't know the person and they call you out of the blue at 1:30 in the morning. I have come to realize that there is always something that will pull you back into the realm of the living, that there is always something to live for. In the meantime, I have to go make sure my sister doesn't have a breakdown!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home